Do not let the cold weather hinder you from doing what you love in your workshop or garage; simply invest in the best electric garage heater 120v. These heaters are loaded with innovative features to distribute warm and uniform air across your garage space.
They are versatile to ensure you can use them in your garage, greenhouse, warehouse, or any other area that needs a little warming. Most electric garage heaters are designed for simple installation since they come with mounting brackets.
And they are built with high-quality metals that are coated to ensure rust and corrosion resistance for extra strength and durability. Since there are several garage heaters in the industry, you need to read through the following top 10 best reviews to take home the best product.
- List of The Best Electric Garage Heater 120v
- #1. Fahrenheat FUH54 UNIT HEATER, Beige
- #2. Dr. Heater DR966 240-volt Commercial Garage Heater
- #3. NewAir G73 Hardwired Electric Garage Heater
- #4. Comfort Zone CZ220 Fan-Forced Heater
- #5. Dr. Heater DR218-1500W Garage Infrared Heater
- #6. NewAir G56 5600 Watt Garage Heater
- #7. Comfort Zone 7500 Watt Electric Heater
- #8. Power Zone Garage Heater EH-4604A
- #9. Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Heater
- #10. Dimplex DGWH4031G Garage Space Heater
- Buyers Guide for the Best Electric Garage Heater
List of The Best Electric Garage Heater 120v
#1. Fahrenheat FUH54 UNIT HEATER, Beige
Bring home the power of industrial-grade heater with the Fahrenheat FUH54 UNIT HEATER. It has a rugged and heavy-duty construction, making it tough to endure the rigors of everyday use and to last several uses.
This garage heater is versatile to ensure it can go beyond the garage to the basement, workshop, or any other area you need supplement heat. It is a fan-forced heater that only turns on the blower once the desired temperature is reached.
And it circulates automatically until the heating element cools down. This heater boasts a built-in single-pole thermostat to allow you to adjust the temperatures to suit your garage conditions. Plus, it comes with a ceiling mount bracket to enable you to install at any angle or position.
- This garage heater allows you to adjust the desired area
- It is very easy to set up and to operate
- This heater is simple but sturdy
- It has a nice design that is easy to handle by one person
- This heater is a bit expensive but you get what you pay for
#2. Dr. Heater DR966 240-volt Commercial Garage Heater
Equipped with 5 adjustable louvers, the Dr. Heater DR966 240-volt Commercial Garage Heater allows you to direct airflow to your desired area. It is engineered with an enclosed, heavy-duty ball bearing motor that is permanently lubricated to ensure long life and low maintenance.
This heater is made with a built-in adjustable thermostat to enable you to set the heat according to your desired style. It is complete with a rugged stamped steel front cover to enhance strength and durability. This garage heater is built with a large, matched dynamically fan to provide maximum airflow with minimum noise and turbulence.
This model uses a spiral steel metal electric heating element with low sheath temperatures to provide uniform heat and long-lasting service life. Better yet, it is backed by a 1-year labor and parts free warranty to boost your confidence in buying.
- This unit comes with mounting brackets for easy installation
- It is finished in gray epoxy paint that looks nice
- Distributes gentle warmth through your area
- Suitable for use in garages, stores, factories, and workshops
- This item may come with a few defects; however, this can be replaced
#3. NewAir G73 Hardwired Electric Garage Heater
Crafted from heavy-duty stainless steel, the NewAir G73 Hardwired Electric Garage Heater is rugged to last, especially in tough climates and work conditions. It comes with a mounting bracket to enable you to install it either on the wall or ceiling of your workspace.
This garage heater uses a powerful fan to spread warm air uniformly throughout a 500 square foot radius. It provides quick heat, making it ideal for a large workspace or shed. This unit is designed to be hardwired to the 30-Amp breaker to eliminate the maintenance issues that come with a propane heater.
And once the heater is hardwired, it is easy to operate by just turning on the switch. Moreover, it is ETL-certified for electrical safety to ensure you can buy with confidence knowing it is safe for your home.
- This heater is adjustable to enable you to direct the heat to your desired place
- It is powerful enough for you to use in a 2-car garage
- This model is available in two colors to choose from
- It is easy to install and to operate
- `This heater is not quite but you can hold a conversation with someone without raising your voice
#4. Comfort Zone CZ220 Fan-Forced Heater
Designed for ceiling mounting and hardwire installation, the Comfort Zone CZ220 Fan-Forced Heater saves valuable floor space. Thus, it is ideal for busy areas like the garage, warehouse, and storage area. This heater has a durable steel construction to ensure it can hold up well against the temperature fluctuations in areas that are poorly insulated.
It comes with a powerful light indicator to ensure that you when it is running. This heater is equipped with louvers and a variable mounting angle to direct airflow where you need it the most.
And to distribute the airflow through the room, this heater has a fan-forced design. Besides, it comes with a dual knob thermostat to allow you to easily adjust the temperature to the right level for your space.
- This unit offers targeted heating
- It is easy to install and to operate
- This heater comes with built-in safety features
- It is a good purchase for the money
- This heater does not come in various colors to choose from
#5. Dr. Heater DR218-1500W Garage Infrared Heater
Given its IPX4-rated structure, the Dr. Heater DR218-1500W Garage Infrared Heater is protected against water splashing for added durability. It has a power rating of 1500w to ensure it can deliver adequate heat in the desired area.
This heater is multipurpose to allow you to use it either in the garage or greenhouse to prevent your plants from freezing. It is efficient and reliable, making it a professional choice for tender plants. This garage heater uses an enclosed heavy-duty ball bearing motor to provide long life service.
Hence, it is easy to maintain giving great value for money over the years. This unit is lightweight and compact to make for easy maneuverability and portability. What’s more, it has only one setting, allowing for ease of use.
- This heater is available in two styles to choose from
- It has a heating coverage of 150 square feet
- The price is a bargain for the quality you get
- This unit produces warm air and not hot air
- This item has only 1 setting which some people may not like
#6. NewAir G56 5600 Watt Garage Heater
Quickly heat a garage area of up to 800 square feet with the help of the NewAir G56 5600 Watt Garage Heater. It comes with control and easy-to-use thermostat to allow for ease of use and adjustment of the settings. This heater is built with overheating protection and it is certified for electrical safety for you to buy confidently.
It has a portable design including a 6-foot cord and carrying handle for optimum convenience. This heater is made from sturdy stainless steel construction to ensure it is durable enough to stand the test of time.
It is complete with a black coated finish for rust and corrosion resistance. Besides, this heater is multipurpose to enable you to use it in the garage, workshop, or in light industrial environments.
- This heater is easy to use by just turning the dial
- It has a single-pole thermostat that maintains the set temperature automatically
- This machine has an upright design that makes it easy to set up
- Comes at various prices to choose from
#7. Comfort Zone 7500 Watt Electric Heater
For larger shops and garages, consider the Comfort Zone 7500 Watt Electric Heater. It is rated 240V and 7500W, meaning it is powerful enough to deliver enough heat for large spaces.
This electric garage heater has a sturdy metal construction that makes it durable enough to stand the test of time. And it has a coated finish to provide corrosion-resistance and added longevity.
This unit comes with a carry handle to allow for easy maneuverability and portability. It is equipped with a thermostat to allow for easy control every single time. Moreover, this machine is safety certified for you to buy with confidence.
- This machine has a strong build quality
- It is easy to use and works well
- The color is low profile and nice
- The price is a bit high but it is worth it
#8. Power Zone Garage Heater EH-4604A
With 3 heat settings, the Power Zone Mount Heater EH-4604A lets you choose your preferred heating power. It runs on a 240V steel-heated tubular heating element for efficiency and effectiveness. This heater comes with a 3-way bracket to allow for simple and quick mounting to the ceiling.
Thus, it is space-saving, making it suitable for use in packed warehouses and garages. There is an adjustable thermostat knob to allow you to turn the machine on and off easily.
This unit is equipped with a power light indicator to let you know when it is turned on and running. And for safety reasons, this heater is not only ETL-certified but also it has an overheating control with a caution light to notify of any potential dangers.
- This heater has a handle for easy carrying
- It is easy to install and to use
- This machine seems well-built and sturdy
- This garage heater is on the expensive side, but you get exactly what you pay for
#9. Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Heater
Built with high-quality materials, the Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Heater is sturdy and dependable. It has a specially designed heating element to ensure quick and uniform distribution of heat across the desired area.
Thus, this hater is suitable for warming a basement, garage, construction site, or workshop. It has a built-in thermostat that you can be adjusted from high-low to suit various heating demands.
This model boasts a unique fan that delivers continuous warmth for optimum convenience. It has finger proof intake and discharges grills to ensure the safety of users. Furthermore, this heater is UL and C-UL listed to reassure you of the safety and authenticity of the product.
- Available in two colors for you to choose from
- This is a quality heating solution for the price
- It comes with overheat cut-off protection
- The fan is blowing very strong and circulates air
- This heater requires a 220V plug and cannot be mounted on the ceiling
#10. Dimplex DGWH4031G Garage Space Heater
Featuring a 4000-watt stainless steel heater element, the Dimplex DGWH4031G Garage Space Heater delivers exceptional energy efficiency and superior performance. It has premium construction consisting of heavy gauge steel and a high-performance motor.
This heater is coated with durable epoxy, powder finish for corrosion-resistance, and increased longevity. It comes with versatile mounting brackets. Thus, you have the flexibility to mount the heater either on the wall or ceiling depending on your needs.
It comes with a swivel to enable you to direct the heat to the desired area. This heater uses a propeller style fan to provide powerful airflow for quick and effective warming. Better yet, there is a 6-foot cord with NEMA plug to ensure a quick connection to a 240-volt receptacle.
- This unit comes with thermostat controls for ease of use
- It has no dangerous combustion or harmful carbon monoxide
- Comes with an auto shut off feature for safety
- The heater is a little loud when running; however, it works well
Buyers Guide for the Best Electric Garage Heater
Finding the best electric garage requires so many factors to consider, but we have narrowed them to the best three to help simplify your search, take a look!
When looking for the best electric garage heater, make sure it is built for safe use. For this reason, you can look out for safety certifications like ETL, UL, and CSA to reassure you of the safety of the heater. Similarly, look out for auto shut-off feature and overheating protection features for added peace of mind.
If you want a garage heater that you can move from one workshop to the next, look for one that is portable. A portable heater is determined by compactness, handles, and a freestanding design that lets you place is somewhere on the floor. However, if you have limited floor space and looking for something you can set up above the ground you can choose a fixed heater.
To get the most out of the heater you buy, make sure it is easy to install. Hence, consider if the heater comes with brackets for mounting it on the ceiling or wall. Notably, most portable heaters are easy to install; however, fixed heaters are a bit difficult to install. Thus, you may need to hire a professional for assistance.
With the cold season already here now, it is a wise idea for you to add heaters to your home. If you already have one or two in your house, then it is time to introduce the best electric garage heater. Most people ignore heating the garage, so make a difference this season by purchasing one or two from the above reviews to gift yourself and a friend this festive season.
Leave a Reply