Finding the best router under 200 doesn’t have to be a complicated process, you just have to search in the right places like here. These routers are loaded with the latest features in the industry right now to give you the best Wi-Fi experience.
Most of them can connect to several devices to ensure you get optimum connectivity through-out your home. The best part is that these routers are now equipped with mobile apps to ensure you can remotely manage your network from anywhere.
Furthermore, they have built-in security features that detect threats and eliminate them before they get to your device. Now without further ado, read through the following top 10 best router under 200 reviews to take home the right device.
- List of The Best Router Under 200
- #1. NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi Router
- #2. TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Router (Archer A5)
- #3. ASUS Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router (AC3100)
- #4. Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router for Home
- #5. TP-Link AC1750 WiFi Router (Archer A7)
- #6. TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Router
- #7. ASUS RT-AC66U B1 Dual-Band WiFi Router
- #8. NETGEAR WiFi Router (R6230)
- #9. Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
- #10. ASUS AC2900 Dual-band WiFi Router
- How to Choose The Best Router Under 200
List of The Best Router Under 200
#1. NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi Router
Easily upgrade your Wi-Fi experience and coverage with the NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi Router. It is equipped with antennas, range-boosting beamforming+, and dual-band streaming to deliver fast and reliable Wi-Fi to every corner of your home.
This router is designed to provide seamless Wi-Fi for up to 30 devices. It enables you to select between dual bands to minimize interference and maximize speed for many wireless devices. This router can attain speeds of up to 1900mbps which is great for demanding activities like HD streaming and online gaming.
It comes with wired Ethernet ports to enable you to plug in gaming consoles, computers, and other nearby devices. What’s more, this unit is backed by smart parental control features to enable you to filter websites, pause device internet access, and to view site history usage.
- This router comes with advanced threat protection
- It is very easy to set up and to use
- Provides fast wired connections to nearby devices
- Available in various styles to choose from
- This router may come with minor manufacturer flaws; however, this is replaceable
#2. TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Router (Archer A5)
Equipped with 2 external antennas, the TP-Link AC1200 Wifi Router (Archer A5) provides stable wireless connections and optimal coverage. Thus, it lets your laptop or PC enjoy connections 3x faster than wireless N with Wireless AC technology. This router boasts has speeds of 300mbps over the 2.4GHz band and 867mpbs over the crystal clear 5 GHz band.
As a result, it is ideal for online gaming, seamless HD streaming, and other bandwidth-intensive tasks. This router uses advanced WPA2 encryption to enable you to browse safely knowing that your high-speed Wi-Fi is protected from hackers.
It is designed to operate with the Tether App that is available both for iOS and Android devices for easy setup. Besides, this unit features parental controls to allow you to restrict for children as well as limit access levels and connection time.
- This is an excellent router for the money
- It is fast and easy to connect
- This model can efficiently handle numerous devices
- This router isn’t the most powerful in the industry but it is efficient
#3. ASUS Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router (AC3100)
The ASUS Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router user interface is built from the ground up to be robust and intuitive. Hence, it allows you to set up, diagnose connection issues, and even update firmware without needing to boot up a PC. This router is equipped with 8 Gigabit LAN ports to enable you to connect up to 8 Ethernet-compatible devices simultaneously.
These include set-top boxes, smart TVs, media players, and game consoles among others. With the NitroQAM technology, this router delivers a combined 3167 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to ensure everyone enjoys smooth streaming ad low-latency online gaming.
It is powered by Trend Micro protection that combines automatic vulnerability detection and malicious site blocking for a safe and secure online experience. Better yet, this router is available in various styles to suit people with different needs and budgets.
- This device uses a powerful dual-core processor
- It has parental control features
- This router is easy to set up even for a beginner
- It is compact yet practical and functional
- This router gives the best results only with 802.11ac-compatible devices
#4. Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router for Home
Consider the Linksys WRT AC3200 Dual-Band Open Source Router for a fast Wi-Fi coverage for your entire home. It is built to work with existing modems to give you more flexibility and convenience. This router has MU MIMO to provide Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same speed simultaneously.
It boasts dual-band Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2.6Gbps to ensure you can enjoy every online experience. Hence, this router is suitable for gaming, 4K HD streaming, and more in high quality without buffering.
There is a tri stream 160 technology that doubles bandwidth from 80MHz to 160MHz. This unit is composed of a large and intuitive interface to allow for easy setup and operation. Also, it has open-source firmware that offers advanced customizations for certified operating systems like Mac 10.x plus, and Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
- Comes in three styles to choose from
- This device uses an ultra-powerful central processing unit
- It has a smart app to enable you to control your network remotely
- The Wi-Fi network may not be strong if more than two rooms away
#5. TP-Link AC1750 WiFi Router (Archer A7)
The best thing about the TP-Link AC1750 WiFi Router (Archer A7) is not only because it is compatible with all Wi-Fi-devices but also with Alexa. It has 3 external antennas to provide reliable long-range Wi-Fi.
This router is equipped with 4 Gigabit LAN ports to ensure fast access to multiple connected wired devices. It has an integrated USB port that acts as a media server for you to easily share your USB drive content.
This router upgrades to 1750 Mbps in high-speed internet to allow for 4k streaming with no buffering. It comes with a detailed user manual to guide you on setup and use. Moreover, this router is accompanied by TP-link Tether App to allow you to remotely manage your home network.
- This device has a user-friendly interface
- It is well-built and sturdy
- Available in three varieties to pick from
- This router can support numerous devices with fewer disruptions
- This router needs a few improvements; otherwise, it is a great purchase
#6. TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Router
Get speeds of up to 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band when you have the TP-Link AC1900 WiFi Router. It has 3 simultaneous data streams to make your devices achieve maximum performance by making communication more efficient.
This device is built with beamforming technology to deliver a highly efficient wireless connection. It goes beyond the traditional network security to give you access control, parental control, and a VPN server. There is a smart connect technology included that directs clients to less congested bands and airtime fairness optimizes usage.
This router works with IFTTT and Amazon Alexa to allow for more flexibility and convenience. It comes with a user’s manual that contains everything you need for successful setup and operation. Furthermore, the router is backed by a 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support for you to buy confidently.
- This router is easy to set up and to manage
- It is suitable for gaming and streaming
- Enables you to connect to more devices simultaneously
- This router is not very powerful when covering the entire house; otherwise, it has great speed
#7. ASUS RT-AC66U B1 Dual-Band WiFi Router
The ASUS RT-AC66U B1 Dual-Band WiFi Router is special because it has a dual-core processor that removes the performance drops that plagues most routers. It is built for ultimate speed and connectivity of up to 1750Mbps.
Thus, this router is ideal for performing basic tasks like file downloading and web browsing on 2.4GHz. It allows for multiple devices to stream in HD or supports online gaming and other demanding applications smoothly on the 5GHz band.
This router comes with an app to give you full control over your network wherever you go for optimum convenience. It incorporates state-of-the-art 3-pronged security from trend micro to block malicious addresses and intrusions. Also, there are integrated USB ports to enable sharing for printers and USB storage.
- This router is easy to set up and to manage
- It allows for wired inter-router connections
- Offers wide and responsive coverage for large homes
- Comes in two styles to choose from
- The initial set up can be rocky but doable
#8. NETGEAR WiFi Router (R6230)
Built for fast speeds, the NETGEAR WiFi Router (R6230) delivers 1200Mbps wireless speed to sustain demanding activities like gaming and HD streaming. It works by intelligently selecting between dual bands to minimize interference and maximize speed for many smart wireless devices.
This router supports WPA2 wireless security protocols to provide safe and secure internet connectivity for all users. It can create a guest network separate from your home network and private information.
This device comes with convenient parental controls that allow you to effortlessly manage website filtering, web access, and even to pause Wi-Fi for individual devices. Moreover, there is a mobile app included making it easy for you to set up your Wi-Fi easily even if you are just a beginner.
- There is a USB port that lets you share a storage drive
- This router supports multiple devices
- It has 2 amplified antennas for reliable connectivity
- Available in three styles to choose from
- The configuration software makes setup a bit complicated but not difficult
#9. Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
With 800 MHz dual-core CPU, Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router has lightning-fast processing speed. It comes with 4 Gigabit ports to enable you to connect to 4 wired devices simultaneously.
This router is equipped with beamforming technology to follow your smartphone, tablet, or notebook to provide a great connection as you move around your home. It is DNLA certified for home media management for you to buy with confidence.
This device is integrated with one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port to enable you to share, store, and print content. There are 3 adjustable external antennas to provide maximum range connectivity you can depend on. Besides, there is a user manual included for easy setup, configuration, ad use.
- The included app lets you manage your network from anywhere
- There is a parental control feature included
- Suitable for streaming HD videos and gaming
- The mounting holes are in an odd sport and need improvement
#10. ASUS AC2900 Dual-band WiFi Router
With the latest 802.11AC MU-MIMO, the ASUS AC2900 Dual-band WiFi Router allows for data transfer speeds of up to 2900Mbps. It has a 32-bit dual-core processor that maximizes network traffic and speeds.
This router features WTFast game Accelerator and Adaptive QoS to provide lag-free online gaming and flawless 4k UHD streaming. It is supported by Trend Micro that provides 24/7 built-in protection from threats to neutralize them before they reach your device.
There is an ASUS router App provided to enable you to manage your network anywhere anytime. The app also gives instant notifications about network-based events. Better yet, this router is complete with an intuitive interface to allow for easy operation.
- This router gives you parental controls
- It has a user-friendly interface
- Supports multiple devices simultaneously
- The price is a bit on the higher side; however, you get what you pay for
How to Choose The Best Router Under 200
Before, you pick the best router under 200, below are some of the things you must keep in mind
While there are several things involved in choosing the best router under 200, first of all, make sure it is very simple to set up. Setting up a router to function goes beyond just installation; it involves making the router ready to connect to compatible devices. So, ensure the router comes with a manual with easy-to-read and well-elaborated instructions for the same.
To get the most out of the router you buy, make sure it is as fast as possible. This will not only save you the frustration of slow internet but also it will enable you to enjoy HD streaming and gaming. Remember, the speed of a given router is determined by the Mbps; thus, the higher the Mbps the faster the router is.
When it comes to routers, range refers to the area in which the router can cover in terms of connectivity. Therefore, if you are buying a router for a large home, make sure it is powerful enough to cover the whole area. The last thing you want is to end up with a router that is strong in certain areas but weak in others.
Although there are several routers under 200, finding the best one can be quite exhausting. This is because most of the time you don’t even know what to consider, especially if it is a first-time purchase. Lucky for you, the above reviews have simplified everything that you need to know regarding the best router under 200. All you have to do is read through carefully paying attention to specific features, pros, and cons. Good luck!
Leave a Reply