With the help of the best rowing machine for home, you can achieve a full-body workout in a way that you never thought possible at home. A rowing machine provides full-motion of the arms that simulate the feel of rowing on actual water.
This process enables you to build strength, work out all your major muscles, and burn excess calories. The best rowing machine is very simple to use and comes with a monitor to help you track your workouts. The best thing about a rowing machine is that is compact so it won’t take up much space, making it a perfect addition to your home gym.
What’s more, most of them are foldable for space-saving storage when not in use. To take home the best rowing machine, have a look at the following top 10 best rowing machine for home reviews in 2020.
- List of The Best Rowing Machine for Home
- #1. Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine
- #2. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
- #3. Stamina ATS Air Rower
- #4. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5606 Rowing Machine
- #5. Goplus Magnetic Rowing Machine
- #6. Merax Magnetic Exercise Rower
- #7. Marcy Foldable Rowing Machine
- #8. EFITMENT Magnetic Rowing Machine
- #9. Goplus Water Rowing Machine
- #10. EFITMENT Aero Air Fan Rowing Machine
- Buyer’s Guide for The Best Rowing Machine for Home
List of The Best Rowing Machine for Home
#1. Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine
Want to burn calories and improve your cardiovascular health at home, consider investing in the Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine. It is equipped with full-motion arms that mimic the actual feel of rowing on water. This machine has a unique design to provide a full-body workout for every major muscle group including legs, back, and arms.
It boasts a sturdy steel frame construction that makes it durable to withstand daily abuse. This rowing machine uses an easy-to-read LCD monitor that allows you to see stroke count, workout time, and calories burned.
It comes with an adjustable hydraulic cylinder resistance to enable you to increase or decrease the intensity of your stroke. Moreover, this rowing machine moves along a smooth ball-bearing roller system for extra support and stability.
- This machine has molded seats that are comfortable
- Its footplates are textured with straps for slip-resistance
- There are foam-padded grips for added comfort
- The arms are foldable for space-saving storage
- The foot straps may not fit all workout shoes
#2. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
Row yourself into shape without leaving the house when you have the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine. It is engineered with a new and improved smoother magnetic tension system to offer quiet and reliable performance.
This rowing machine boasts 8 levels of adjustable to allow you to increase or decrease the resistance according to your needs. Thus, it is suitable for people looking to have low impact aerobic and cardiovascular exercises at home.
This machine features a large LCD console that displays time, calories, count, scan, and total count to help you track your workout progress. It has large, textured pedals with safety straps to give you a non-slip surface and extra security so you can row with confidence. With the cushioned seat, this rowing machine is comfortable to let you work out longer and get stronger.
- This machine is stable to support intense workouts
- It has a resistance knob to help you adjust the workout tension
- Offers full-body workout to target all muscles
- Supports user’s maximum weight of 250lbs
- The monitor is small; hence, some people may find it hard to view
#3. Stamina ATS Air Rower
Whether you want to tone your muscles or improve your cardiovascular health, the Stamina ATS Air Rower has got you covered. It allows you to exercise to burn calories, improve your heart health, as well as to build total-body strength.
This rowing machine is designed with an LCD monitor that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned so you can track your workout. It is very easy to assemble and once assembled it has a dimension of 77” long x 18” wide x 22” tall.
This machine has a foldable design to allow for easy storage when not in use. It is equipped with built-in wheels to allow for easy maneuverability and portability. Further, the rower has an upholstered padded seat and padded handle to enhance comfort for longer rowing.
- The LCD is large and easy to read
- This rowing machine comes in different colors to choose from
- It has adjustable footplates for added comfort
- It is backed by a 3-year frame warranty
- The included fan can be a little loud; otherwise, the machine is great
#4. Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5606 Rowing Machine
Given the large oversized angled seat and non-slip handles, the Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5606 Rowing Machine is comfortable to encourage you to row for hours. It is made from top-grade steel that is sturdy and durable to accommodate a maximum weight of 220lbs.
This rower uses an elastic cord resistance to ensure smooth and quiet rowing. Thus, it is a low-impact way to increase fitness, build muscles, and burn calories. This machine comes with large textured foot pedals with adjustable foot straps to enhance comfort.
It has a foldable design to ensure it is conveniently portable and can easily be stored away when not in use. This unit has 4 adjustable tensions levels to enable you to customize the resistance according to your needs. Besides, it is equipped with an LCD monitor that shows time, calories, and count per minute for you to track your workout.
- Comes with support stabilizers
- Makes a great addition to any home gym
- The machine is very quiet and runs smoothly
- This rower may come with minor shipping defects; nonetheless, it is a good deal for the price
#5. Goplus Magnetic Rowing Machine
Equipped with a high-quality aluminum beam, the Goplus Magnetic Rowing Machine has better hardness and thickness than regular ones. As a result, it is durable and comfortable to ensure it can be used for a long time without leaving any traces.
This rower has six wheels on the inside to provide a quiet and smooth rowing experience. It provides a full-body workout to enable you to exercise your muscles and burn calories for weight loss.
This rowing machine uses a magnetic tension system with 8 levels of adjustable resistance to enable you to customize according to your needs. It has large anti-slip foot pedals with adjustable foot straps. Thus, this machine is ideal for different people to use with various degrees.
- This machine has a clear LCD that is easy to read
- Comes with a fully padded seat for comfort
- The handlebars are non-slip for better control
- This machine has built-in wheels for easy portability
- This rower is not gym-quality; however, it is perfect for home use
#6. Merax Magnetic Exercise Rower
Featuring built-in wheels and a folding frame, the Merax Magnetic Exercise Rower is built for easy transport and storage when not in use. Thus, it makes a great tool for gym use or home use.
This machine uses a 15-degree angled seat rail that makes your seat return smooth and efficient for you to enjoy every rowing session. It has 8 levels of adjustable resistance to enable you to switch up the intensity of your workout based on your needs.
There is a built-in magnetic flywheel that minimizes noise while maximizing a smooth feel for an unrivaled rowing experience. This rower boasts an upholstered seat with extra padding to keep you comfortable throughout your workouts. Plus it is complete with large strapping footplates to accommodate users of various sizes.
- This machine is very simple to operate
- It a convenient knob that lets you increase or decrease tension
- The LCD is large and easy to read
- The machine has a weight capacity of 264lbs
- The resistance is not super tough but it’s just okay for low-impact workouts
#7. Marcy Foldable Rowing Machine
Keep fit and build strength when working out with the Marcy Foldable Rowing Machine. It has a resistance knob that features 8 preset magnetic resistance levels to enable you to customize your workouts.
This rowing machine is very easy to use as all you need to do is a spin on to burn fat, increase cardiovascular endurance, as well as to develop a well-defined upper and lower body. It is equipped with ergonomic parts to give you optimum accessibility and flexibility for you to achieve your goals.
The foot pedals, for instance, are conveniently placed with straps to keep your feet securely in place while you are rowing. Similarly, this machine boasts foam covered handles to prevent fatigue and slipping for optimum comfort.
- Available in two colors to choose from
- Compact and foldable for convenient storage
- This machine has built-in wheels for easy transport
- It has an easy-to-read LCD panel to help you monitor your workout
- This machine doesn’t have heavy rowing; otherwise, it is good for the price
#8. EFITMENT Magnetic Rowing Machine
With magnetic resistance on 8.82-pound flywheel, the EFITMENT Magnetic Rowing Machine provides a low maintenance, silent workout. It uses a heavy-duty tear-resistance nylon cord that stays intact without meshing for better results.
This machine is designed with a steel slide rail that is low-profile to put your body closer to the ground, eliminating the risk of falling down and getting injured. This steel rail moves 40 inches forward and backward to give your legs plenty of room for extension.
The rowing machine is simple to operate as all you need to do is grasp the handlebars and pull your arms toward your body while you extend your legs. Hence, this rhythmic action will work out your entire body to help you strengthen muscles, build endurance, and burn excess calories.
- This unit has a digital monitor to help you track your workout
- It is compact enough to fit into small apartments and dorm rooms
- This rower stores in an upright position when not in use
- It is sturdy and durable to last several uses
- The design of the pedals needs improvement
#9. Goplus Water Rowing Machine
Based on the principle of the impeller stroke, the resistance of the Goplus Water Rowing Machine can be adjusted by how much water is in the tank. Thus, with a simple operation, you can decrease or increase the resistance for a more challenging and effective workout.
This rowing machine is crafted with heavy-duty steel to deliver solid performance and durability. It is comprised of a durable aluminum alloy beam that is rust-resistance to ensure smooth and quiet rowing.
This machine is equipped with a PU seat on rollers that glide smoothly for optimum comfort. There are large textured foot pedals with adjustable safety straps that can fit a wide variety of foot sizes. Moreover, this rowing machine is backed by a 3-year warranty and 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to boost your confidence in buying.
- This unit comes with a hand pump for filling and removing water from the tank
- It is sturdy enough to hold maximum weights of 220lbs
- This rower has a non-slip handle for better grip
- This rower is a bit expensive; however, it is worth every single penny
#10. EFITMENT Aero Air Fan Rowing Machine
The EFITMENT Aero Air Fan Rowing Machine is built with 51-inch side steel rails that make it sturdy enough to hold maximum weights of up to 245lbs. It is equipped with ergonomic foot pedals that are adjustable to help you maintain maximum stability while rowing.
This rowing machine features foam covered handles to reduce fatigue and enhance comfort. It is designed to use dynamic fan air resistance that offers a smooth belt-drive mechanism for maintenance-free performance.
The fan delivers progressive air resistance to ensure the harder you pull, the more resistance you’ll feel and vice versa. And for you to visualize and monitor your performance, this rower boasts an onboard digital display. It shows calories burned, stroke count, time, and repetitions per minute.
- This rower has wheels for easy portability
- It is foldable for space-saving storage
- The digital display is very easy to use
- This machine is very easy to put together
- This machine may produce some noise due to the airflow but this is unavoidable
Buyer’s Guide for The Best Rowing Machine for Home
While there are several factors that make up the best rowing machine, we have compiled a few of them below to make your search simple, take a look.
When shopping for the best rowing machine for home, make sure the size is large enough to accommodate your size. At the same time, it should be compact to fit easily in the available space. Better yet, the rower should be able to fold down into a small size to allow for space-saving storage when not in use.
The best rowing machine for the home should run smoothly and as quietly as possible. This will enable you to use the machine at any time without interfering with the people around you. Also, a quiet rowing machine will allow you to watch TV or listen to your favorite music while you are rowing.
If you want to get good value for your money, ensure the rowing machine you buy is well-made and durable. It should have heavy-duty metal construction that can withstand regular abuse from daily rowing. Also, the machine should be sturdy enough to accommodate your maximum weight, ensuring it doesn’t fall apart during use.
Having a home gym is a convenient way to keep fit and healthy without going to the gym every single day. While there are numerous machines you can bring into your home gym, nothing beats the comfort and effectiveness of the best rowing machine for home. That is why you need to go through the above reviews to identify your best option.
Leave a Reply